Instagram : @collettetheronportraits
Portfolio : www.collettetheron.com
1. Can you give us a bit of background on how you started your career and how you evolved? What changes have you seen in you from beginning to here?
- I have had many different careers, however throughout them all my passion was photography. Ultimately I decided to follow my passion and start a new career - working for myself doing what I love. Whereas in the past I worked long hours each day for companies, now time does not feel like work but creating art and having fun. It’s truly liberating. My mother was a model in the 70s and I was always surrounded by fashion - I have been able to tap into these memories and all of the themes and memories from my youth use them as inspiration for my photoshoots.
2. What's been the biggest highlight in your career so far?
- The biggest highlight of my career is achieving Master Photographer accreditation with the Portrait Masters.
3. What's your dream and goal which you want to achieve in your career?
-My dream goal is to do a styled photoshoot in the African bush with models and wild animals.
4. Using one word how would you describe your passion?
-I am a passionate person - I love capturing the beauty of people and creating art to be hung on walls. My one word is ‘passion’ itself…
5. Who is the person that inspires you the most and why?
-David Bailey and Terry O’Neill - both captured the beauty and essence of their time in history.
6. If you have the power to share anything with the world, what would that be?
-Love is everything.
7. What are your goals for the near future and do you have any exciting projects which you want to share with all of the readers?
- I love working with the human body and overlaying fabrics to create simple but powerful images. I have just completed an ‘Inked’ series which was amazing to capture all of the beautiful tattoos; next I am focusing on an Oriental theme.
8. If you could say one thing to someone younger who looks up to you, what would you say?
- Follow your passion, be respectful and work hard and you’ll achieve your goals.